I extracted the frames from the DVD with MPlayer. MPlayer had a problem
with the sound so I extracted the AC3 file on another computer with DVD2AVI.
segfaulted while trying to convert some of the images from JPEG to PPM. I
used convert to
crop the borders and Netpbm
to convert to PPM.
I used aview to
convert the frames to text. I modified aview to
run xwd as soon as
it finished rendering the image and then exit.
I used convert
to crop, resize and color the images.
I used the MJPEG Tools to create the MPEG-2 video for the DVD. I followed the DVD Encoding Guide to recode the video to fit on a DVD-R. I ran pulldown on the video so that it would play correctly and dvdauthor to create the VOB files for burning.
Return to The.Matrix-ASCII main page.